- How the Danish cookies are served in Europe
- Danish Vaniljekranse can also made by yourself
- Recipe of homemade Danish Vaniljekranse
Everyone loves butter cookies! Together with hot coffee or tea, this crunchy cookies definitely make your leisure time at its best.
Based on its history, this Denmark cookies often served for European nobility nor during big days, Christmas for example, in several European countries and North America. Not like any other cakes, butter cookies are made from butter, wheat flour, and sugar. It excludes yeast and flavorings, pouring only the vanilla and chocolate tastes within.
One of the best variants of Danish butter cookies, there’s one named Danish Vaniljekranse. It’s a sweet little round cake with a taste of vanilla and butter in every bite. The Danish Vaniljekranse recipe was invented in 1866 and used in the old city of Aarhus, Denmark.
In some countries, the cake often served as a traditional pastry or snack at certain events. When you search for recipe on the internet, several various versions will appear. Some say if the dish made using milk and eggs, but some say otherwise. There’s also a recipe using milk, some are not. Some use eggs, some not. Some recipe even concern you to only use egg whites. This definitely confuse people and made them feel hesitate to bake ones.
But, is it that difficult to make a homemade Danish butter cookies? Well, here is the good news! It’s not as complicated as people might think. There’s no standard rules, as because the recipes of Danish butter cookies are basically home recipes that can be tailored to each taste in making it. The ingredients are quite simple, yet also easy to get: butter or margarine. You can use unsalted or salty butter or margarine, refined sugar, extra vanilla (extract, pasta, or powder), and flour. If you like, you can also add milk powder and eggs.
For more details, here’s a special recipe for making Danish butter cookies, Danish Vaniljekranse.
- 200 grams of butter
- 100 grams of refined sugar
- 30 grams of milk powder
- 270 grams of wheat flour
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 egg
How to make Danish Vaniljekranse:
- Preheat oven up to 160 degree Celsius.
- Mix and whisk the butter, vanilla extract with refined sugar for about one to two minutes until it’s shaped like a butter cream.
- Put the butter cream dough into a triangular plastic (piping bag), then extrude the dough into the baking mold. If it is too long, the dough may become hard and difficult to extrude.
- After the dough is extruded, bake for approximately 25 minutes with a temperature of 160 degrees Celsius.
- Once baked, let the cookies cool off first, remove from the baking mold, then put it into a closed cookie jar.
Additional tips: when making Danish Vaniljekranse, all ingredients should be at room temperature. Cold or frozen ingredients are not allowed. If you use unsalted butter, you can add half a teaspoon of salt. Vanilla extract can also be replaced with vanilla paste or vanilla powder. If you prefer to use vanilla powder just use ž teaspoon. Finally, if your oven is not able to accommodate a lot of Danish Vaniljekranse trays, put the baking tray in the refrigerator first. This is to prevent Danish Vaniljekranse to melt off.
That was a Danish Vaniljekranse recipe that you can try. You may use this recipe of Danish butter cookies or provide additional ingredients that is suitable to your taste.