Quitting smoking is really a tough job if you have spent years with this drug addiction. Every new thing takes time in life so feel easy if it took you about 8-10 weeks to feel comfortable without nicotine. When you quit smoking you feel an extreme urge for tobacco leading you to depression, nausea, anxiety and extreme headache. A chemical dependency is created by continuous nicotine inhaling. Your body will go through several side effects of quitting smoking but they will be temporary. Before reaching to a state of complete satisfaction without tobacco, you will go through the following stressful effects.
- Respiratory problems like coughing, cold, sore throats will be caused as the lungs will start recovering from the damages and clean themselves.
- Extreme headache, sweating, stomach problem can be happened to you.
- As an ex-smoker you will also feel sensation in your feet and hands because of the deficiency of nicotine.
- Effects of quitting smoking can be physical and mental too. You can go through various mood swings when you stop using tobacco.
- You can be tensed because of the cravings for nicotine and you can have cramps in different body parts.
- When a person stops smoking, it leads to an imbalance of different chemicals of which your body was used to and this can lead to a fight, unhealthy or pointless argument with your colleague or boss and it can be a hectic working day.
You go through multiple stages as side effects of quitting smoking. You feel a state of paralysis, nausea, being useless, short tempered, vagueness and depression but you must be strong enough to deal with it.